Introducing the All-New
tyFlow Basecamp: A Beginner 3D Simulation Course by RedefineFX
This is the course I wish had existed when I first started learning tyFlow. It would have saved me so much time and frustration of figuring all this stuff out by myself. Good news is that it exists now (finally), so you can take the shortcut and get there much faster. It’s designed to get you up & running with tyFlow quickly and covers the main pillars of what this powerful plugin can offer, including 40+ videos on particles, cloth simulations, destruction, forces, modifiers, splines and much more. The many practical examples will provide guidance & inspiration so you can start making your own particle & dynamic FX after just a few lessons.
Enroll Now for Instant Access to the All-New tyFlow Basecamp
tyFlow can be very overwhelming (or really, really fun)
When you first open tyFlow and begin looking through the 130+ operators (all of which come with their own set of settings), 10+ modifiers and tyFlow helpers, it can seem like a massive challenge to create anything cool – “where do I even start?”. It can be a lot, UNLESS you have someone break it down, simplify it, and teach it in a way that makes sense. So you can skip all the painful trial & error of figuring it all out by yourself, piecing the puzzle together from random tutorials, and asking people in Facebook comments for their project files. Because under the right guidance, tyFlow can be the most fun you’ll ever have in 3Ds Max. Once you understand how it all fits together and how to use the various operators, you’ll have so many unique ideas for very cool FX, and you’ll realize that “yeah, I think I can do this!”
“Jesse’s training strikes the perfect balance between giving you the information you need to get the job done without getting bogged down in every little technical detail. The videos are concise, clear and in under twenty minutes you can hit render with confidence.”
– Alan Moorse, Freelance 3D Artist
Learn tyFlow from the Ground Up
CUDA Cloth Simulations & tearing
Fracturing, Destruction, & Material IDs
Particle Physics & Binds
Splines, Paths, & Trails
Cloth Inflation & Object Bind
PhysX Particle Simulations
Dynamic Strings & tyWind
Grains, Sand, Snow & More
Dynamic Soft Bodies
Fracture, Destroy, then Inflate
Disintegration & Color by Velocity
Particle Object Reveal & Condition Operators
Cloth Simulations with Forces
tySelect & tyExtrude Modifiers
Attach Cloth to Objects, then Tear Apart
Additional examples of Sand & other grains
Using Animated Characters to Drive Particles
More Destruction Setups & tyCarve Modifier
Bonus Project #1
Bonus Project #2
Bonus Project #3: Cutting Cloth Along Path with tySlicer
Student-Requested Bonus Project #4: Cloth Reveal
+ BONUS: tyFlow Cuda Cloth Crash Course INCLUDED! (11 bonus lessons)
Simple Curtain Setup
Flag & Cloth Aerodynamics Force
Bonus Project File #5: Sand Portal
Create a Variety of Portfolio-ready 3D Motion Design & Dynamic Effects
- Get a full & complete introduction to tyFlow
- Learn the basics of every main pillar of what tyFlow can do, including:
- Generating & controlling particles, art-directing particle behavior using various operators & forces, such as path follow, wind, turbulence & much more
- CUDA cloth simulations & cloth tearing FX
- Fracturing & destruction dynamic simulations
- Particle physics, sand simulations, snow, & other grains
- Splines – spline paths, trails, etc.
- Abstract effects & meshing particles with tyMesher
- tyFlow modifiers including tySelect, tyExtrude, tySplines, & tyCarve
- Learn from a Chaos Group Authorized Instructor, award-winning 3D artist & an experienced course creator
- Learn to understand tyFlow to the point where you’ll confidently build your own flows & effects
Chapter 01: Intro to tyFlow
- tyFlow interface
- Main settings
- Building simple flows
- Basic rendering, materials
Chapter 02: Getting Familiar with tyFlow Operators
- Birth operators
- Speed, scale, tyIcon, position object, spawn
- Most used operators overview
- PhysX simulations
- tyFlow helpers
Chapter 03: Cloth Simulations
- Intro to Cloth simulations
- Influencing cloth with forces
- Attaching cloth to objects
- Cloth Tearing
- Weakness map tearing
- Cloth Inflation
Chapter 04: Fracturing & Destruction
- Fracturing basics, brick, voronoi
- Simple destruction
- PhysX binds
- Setting destruction rules & conditions
- Materials IDs
- tyCache, Retiming, tyCarve modifier
Chapter 05: Splines, Paths, Trails, Ropes
- tySplines overview
- Plexus, spline paths
- Dynamic strings
- PhysX ropes / cables
Chapter 06: Grains, Sand, Snow, tyMesher
- binding particles
- sand simulation
- grains, snow
- meshing particles with tyMesher
- growth FX
30+ Unique tyFlow Project Files Included ($997 value)
- Follow along & learn faster by taking apart my own project files
- Included are not only project files to every lesson in the course, but also additional scenes I’ve created in the last year
- You can use these freely on commercial work, all good with me
- I’d charge $10,000+ if I was hired to setup these effects for real clients…
What Our Students Say?
“Jesse and the RedefineFX tutorials have made a huge impact on my career. The free and paid content he creates is incredibly insightful, not only to 3D animation but also the industry we all work within. The detailed explanations for particle simulations have really helped me truly understand the setup process and settings.”
– David Baca, Freelance 3D artist & RedefineFX student enrolled in multiple courses
Charge more this year with the skills to create premium 3D visuals
Capturing the attention of potential clients online IS THE GAME now. I said it in 2019 that freelancing is the future and having a personal brand online is how you survive as a 3D artist in today’s economy, and it’s more true this year than ever before. Building the knowledge to stand out with unique skills online is how you can thrive in the work-from-home economy. Watch TV for 5 minutes and nearly every single commercial has CG in it – whether it’s particles, stuff breaking, product reveals, motion graphics. What I’m teaching you is absolutely everywhere if you just LOOK & the amount of opportunity to make money with this stuff has never been greater. Let’s get started.
“RedefineFX is doing an amazing job bringing tyFlow to the masses”
– Tyson Ibele, Creator of tyFlow
ENROLL IN TYFLOW BASECAMP FOR ONE-TIME INVESTMENT OF ONLY $297
- 40+ Total videos
- Learn tyFlow from the Ground Up
- The most complete tyFlow Beginner Course
- All project files included ($997 value)
- 5 Bonus Project Files ($200 value)
- Learn from a Chaos Authorized Instructor
- Lifetime Access
- Instant access to the whole course (no “terms” or “weeks”)
- Access to a beautiful learning platform with lecture completions
This is a beginner-friendly course that you can definitely follow along even as a newbie to tyFlow. In terms of difficulty, it’s a level above the Product Masterclass, and would be followed by the Phoenix FD Beginner Liquid course, then Big Water & Fire FX courses.
YES! This course is made with beginners in mind. However, it’s important that you are at least familiar with 3Ds Max, you are aware of its main features & how to navigate the viewport. The rest I’ll teach you.
3Ds Max (free trial available) and tyFlow (free) are necessary. Vray (free trial available) is recommended since that’s what I’ll be using, however you can render tyFlow with other render engines also. We’re using After Effects for some simple compositing and color correction.
This is a completely self-paced online course. I’ve made the lessons bite-sized so you can make progress every day without feeling overwhelmed.
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.
You don’t need a high-end PC to follow along with the course. A standard quad core machine with at least 16GB ram will be sufficient. To render animations, you can use Chaos Cloud. For CUDA cloth simulations, 1070 GTX or higher is recommended.
Yes. All of the project files are included so you can just open the file and look at my settings if at any point you’re stuck. Or you can just straight up use them for commercial work. All good with me.
Yes! Upon completion of all lessons, you will automatically receive a unique Certificate of Completion.
Yes. You will automatically receive a receipt upon enrolling. If not, please email us through Teachable and we’ll send it to you.
Yes and Yes.